Universidad de Burgos
The University of Burgos is a public university, recognised among the best young universities in the world, which develops its mission based on the provision of comprehensive and quality teaching, very close to the student and focused on internationalisation. Founded in 1994, the UBU is already a benchmark in Spanish university research and knowledge transfer to the business world. Recognised by the Ministry of Education as a Campus of International Excellence, it belongs, along with 7 other universities on the continent, to the EMERGE European university project.
It has a highly qualified teaching staff committed to research, knowledge transfer and the use of new technologies applied to teaching. It currently offers 26 bachelor’s degrees, 5 of which are taught online and face-to-face and 2 are bilingual in English and Spanish, in addition to 7 double degrees, 27 master’s degrees, 13 doctoral programmes and 16 UB-specific degrees.
This educational offer is focused, as a priority, on facilitating the employability of its graduates, through the establishment of internship agreements, both curricular and extracurricular, with the powerful business and industrial fabric of the region and international companies. It has a comprehensive student guidance service in charge of tutoring students throughout their academic career.
The vocation for internationalisation is another of the hallmarks of the University of Burgos. This makes it possible for almost all of its students to complete their studies at universities of recognised international prestige, thanks to the numerous ERASMUS and UBU-GLOBAL agreements (in Asia and America), as well as international cooperation scholarships all over the world.
Located in a medium-sized, welcoming city with a business fabric that makes it the main industrial centre of Castilla y León, the University of Burgos has state-of-the-art facilities, laboratories, workshops, libraries, its own television and radio stations, as well as a wide range of cultural and sporting activities.
It is a young, modern, dynamic and innovative university with a broad international projection, whose functions are set out in Article 4 of its statutes:
- The continuing education and training of the members of the university community.
The expansion of knowledge through research in all branches of culture, science and technology.
- The transmission and critique of knowledge through teaching and research, preparing for the development of professional activities.
- Cooperation in the scientific, technical, social and cultural development of its environment, responding dynamically to its needs.
- The establishment of relations with other Universities, Higher Education Centres and Research Centres, and the exchange of knowledge and people with other institutions.
- The promotion of quality and excellence in its activities, establishing evaluation and control systems to guarantee them.
- The promotion of education and a culture of peace, aimed at achieving a more just, supportive and tolerant society, with special emphasis on cooperation with developing countries.
University of Burgos (UBU) acts as the coordinating institution of the project, helping all consortium partners to complete their tasks, avoiding bottlenecks and coordinating activities, detecting any potential deviations of the Work Plan and directing the discussions for the final decisions of the project. It also acts as one of the HEIs providing specialized educational components, offering a crash course on Industrial Robotics and Advanced Manufacturing Technologies; which will be disseminated specially with the help of local partners such as DIHBU and FAE and with the rest of the consortium.